Re: more on sound prob

On Sat, 05 Jan 2002 17:35:02 Cyberclops wrote:
> What would your "insmod" command- be for my sound card?
>
> Sorry I read your msg and deleted it, its in the Outlook Express (I was
using windows at the time), now I cant reach it from
libranet/balsa>><><>

   Anyway-find out the name of the module that goes with your card, and
just try it that way, thats all i did........su to root, just type
insmod x and enter that...it may or may not tell you anything
meaningful,,but try playin a sound file after you do that, it may do the
trick.....worked for me...

UPDATE--- just recompiled the kernel, with the sound support
included,not as module, and the sound driver for my card also built in,
not as module>>> rebooted and now its working without all the
hassle....HURRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH  tony