Re: AVI player recommendations

I've tried xine every once in a while and I keep running into headaches
personally.  I'm just not impressed with it.  The  current version
mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/) works without a
hitch--haven't tried the gui for it yet but commandline it's really easy
(and I mean brainless) to  use.  plus it plays just about everything
including antiquated .viv files.

Last year Linux Journal had some articles on video players for linux.
 here's the one on aviplayers
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=4698.

Uzoma