Re: AVI player recommendations

yes, its not to hard to do. There are several methods available. On the
xine web site, you will find links to several dvd plugins built to play
encrypted dvds (xine does not play encrypted dvds natively because a:
the developers don't want to get sued or tossed into jail by the MPAA
and b: because xine is a media player, not a dvd player...though it does
have native support for non encrypted dvds). The two best plugins in my
opinion are the d4d plugin (also called captain css) and the dvdnav
plugin. The dvdnav plugin itself doesn't decrypt dvds, but rather it has
links to a library (libdvdcss I think its called...the website gives its
proper name as well as where to get it) which handles the decryption.
The DVDNAV plugin also has menu support for dvds, so it is quite nice.
You should find everything you require on the xine website.

jason