modem quit when I installed sound card

My US Robotics modem was working fine until I installed an SB Live 5.1
Value.  It still works in Windows 98 as well as the sound card.

Windows lists the modem on COM 5.  I've tried to set it to ttyS4 with the
Networking Module of Xadminmenu, but it LibranetPPP reports an error (says
it's not recognized or supported or something like that).  It is not auto-
detcted and I've tried setting it to ttyS0 - 7 with no success.

I switched the slots for the modem and sound card just to see if that
helped.  Both still work in Win98, but not in Libranet.

I'm running 1.9.1.

Help, please.

NLK