Re: modem quit when I installed sound card

My setup uses a Soundblaster 5.2 PCI and U.S. Robotics PCI, and I can tell
you the machine did not like me moving either one of these.  Do you see an
error message at boot time referencing a serial config file?  Well, under
/etc/  there is a file named serial.conf (I hope you have this since I am
using Debian SID).  Rename the file and reboot the system, and your
computer should be very happy again.  Note:  my U.S. Robotics uses IRQ
11!  Pretty amazing.

Kerry