Re: Which graphics card to get?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2002, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> I want to have a high (100Hz@1152x864) refresh rate, good video playback
> speed (in MPlayer/xine) and good support (drivers).  The last reason is
> why I do not want nvidia.  Also the company should be pro-OS.  Ah, the
> drivers should not only be available for Linux, but maybe also for
> FreeBSD.

Actually, you may not want to rule out a nvidia card just yet. I believe
that nvidia has excellent driver support. They actively write linux
drivers that I have found to work excellent. I'm not sure about there
usage in freeBDS, but for linux, I couldn't think of a better way to go.
Xine works very well with nvidia cards and drivers.

jason