Re: Which graphics card to get?

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 07:33, [email protected] wrote:
> > Because 100 Hz is more "stable" than 75 Hz.  Yes, I (think I) can see
> > it.
>
> What do you mean by stable?

Higher refresh rates produce less flicker from the refresh which results in
easier viewing. Don't forget that a good monitor is also part of the
equation. Even a Radeon 7200 can't do 100Hz if you have an old 72Mhz monitor.

> at something less than 60Hz, ( I forget the exact value), though I
> know that higher refresh rates are supposed to be less strain on the eye

Trust me, they are less strain on the eyes. I just got eye glasses two years
ago, and it makes a world of difference having a 19" NEC monitor and a Radeon
card. Sharp, clear viewing as well as lots of screen real estate! :-)

Now I can work all day on the computer and not get eye strain.
1600x1200 @ 85Mhz is indeed a treat.