Re: Which graphics card to get?

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 10:33:24AM -0500, [email protected] wrote:
> > Because 100 Hz is more "stable" than 75 Hz.  Yes, I (think I) can see
> > it.
>
> What do you mean by stable? The monitor works better? I know that we see
> at something less than 60Hz, ( I forget the exact value), though I
> know that higher refresh rates are supposed to be less strain on the eye
> (though I don't know why)

Refresh rates are a highly personal matter, so I doubt that you'll get
a good answer out of this question. :-)

Anyway, 75 Hz is considered to be the *bare* minimum by people
knowledgeable in the field, but lots of people, including myself, find
that they need 85 Hz to avoid eyestrain. For some people, even higher
rates are needed, whereas I tend to get headaches at anything above 85
Hz. Go figure.

- Christian