Re: Which graphics card to get?

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 10:37, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> So sprach �Doug Byfield� am 2002-01-09 um 10:21:14 -0800 :
> > There's probably a real benefit then. Psycollogically, you think there is
> > a benefit, so you end up being more stisfied and productive any way!.
> > (Kind of a placebo effect.) Food for thought at any rate.
>
> That's right.  And maybe I'm also not satisfied with 75 Hz because I
> know that my machine can do better.

I've always been that way, whether it's car, computers, ski equipment, etc.
If I know that a computer has a certain potential, I want to be able to sue
it for maximum efficiency. That's part of what you pay for. It's like the old
joke: Want to run a 386? Just install Windows on a P3 1400! :-)

> I really agree with your "placebo theory".

I've seen some medical studies about how effective placebos can be: the human
brain is indeed an amazing and powerful piece of work, given thr right
motivation.