Re: Sound

ahh...the dreaded alsa upgrade. I'm sure that everyone else will tell
you to abandon alsa and go with the oss drivers. This is the easiest
method to solving your problem. However, if you would like to go up to
alsa 0.9, it is very doable. First, you will have to get the alsa-source
and headers. The alsa source will come as a tarball that is in /usr/src.
You will have to decompress it (the decompressed directory will be under
/usr/src/modules. Change to the decompressed folder and read EVERYTHING.
The main problem is that you system will not know where exactly the alsa
modules are. There are instructions as to how to fix this in the source
directory, but it requires meticulous reading. Let me know if you get
stuck.

jason