Re: failed to initialize core devices

Removing the user is a good idea, but the problem I have had is putting the same
user name back can cause problems because Linux doesn't always cleanly remove
every remnant of the user from the system.  When you put the same user back in,
he can be affected by old garbage.  I can't say this is for sure in Libranet,
but I do know that it happens.  That's why a clean install is in order.  I doubt
many of us have ever gotten everything right on the first try.  I would say
three installations is about normal for every distribution I have ever tried.
One thing is Linux is a lot easier to install than windows once you know what
you are doing, and where you are going.