Re: gentoo was: Re: AMD owners!!!

A sound theory but many distros have alot of unnecessary stuff compiled into
their base system that one may not want or use. Gentoo and LFS offer the
willing participant to install a very basic system which they can add to as
they please. Because of the streamlined nature of LFS and likely Gentoo, they
can run noticably faster than even a barebones base sytem of most of the
other distros. LFS also teaches you a great deal of how and why Linux is
constructed the way it is. Even LibraNet, as nice as it is, can't give you
this in the same way as LFS or Gentoo can.

In the end though that is the great hing about Linux is there is a multitude
of distros, apps, etc out there for you to do what ever you want without
being forced into a specific way to do something or with out learning how
your system and computer works.