two mutt questions

I have two quick mutt questions. First, how do you get mutt to re-read
the .muttrc file while mutt is active. Second, when I open mutt (or
switch folders) it goes to the last email in the list. For me, this
sucks because I reverse sort my email. I want it to go to the first read
email (e.i. the border between the read and the unread emails), insead
of the last (oldest) email whenever I open mutt or change folders.

thanks

jason