Re: gcc

Well, gcc was still a problem in 8.0 but I wasn't able to get 8.1 installed
but there are definitely less problems with it now. However, I am not sure if
it is because few people compile rather than install the binaries (rpms) I
think there still the odd problems as 2.96 is still the default and there are
still many things that won't compile without (urp!) forcing it.

But really the point is moot. I as I was browsing through the user forum I
just noticed that one person was trying to install gcc 3.0.3 so I assumed
that this was the most current release. As someone mention before, though, I
believe that 3.1 will be the next full release. When I don't know.

Currently, 2.95 has not posed any problem for me so, personally, I don't see
the need to upgrade to or parallel with 3.0.x series right now. But, of
course times change and I will likely have to change sometime.

Sarah