Re: How to go online with DSL?

Hiya Alex!

I'm sorry to read about your problems (in tht other email)
to get adsl working download from the Roaoring Penguin site. The source
file(that's the tar.gz file) for roaring penguin 3.3 and the kernel patch.
install as you would any tarball.

tar -zxvf <file>.tar.gz

cd  <newfile>

./configure

make

(change to root via su)

make install

then, as root, type

adsl-setup
and PPPoE can be set up. I would reboot after setting up. then once rebooted,
from terminal, su , password and then type "adsl-start" and you should
connect. Took me a looong time to get this figured out but after a day or so
I got it working. The PPPoE in the LibraNet kernel just doesn't work the way
it should.

As for your RAID controller there was just a huge discussion on this here
yesterday.I think that if you do a search on RAID controllers that will get
you caught up and give you even more info. The Promise controller you have
could be trouble but there are ways getting working. Since I got you into the
troubles here I will do some searching for you later today ( I have to go
out).

Rod if you want to post the details of that email they are probably much
better than I have explained here.

Sarah