Re: Galeon problem/ advanced txt prob

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Cyberclops wrote:
> What's the difference between "testing" and "woody"?  So far I've upgraded
> somewhat to testing.  At least my sources say "testing."

Nothing, testing and woody are the same thing. The three branches of
debian are stable, testing and unstable. Right now, the stable branch is
called potato, testing is woody, and unstable is sid. It is my
understanding that eventually, woody will become the official debian
distribution (stable), sid will change statuses to testing, potato's
chapter will come to an end (as did its predecessor slink) and a new
unstable branch will begin with a new name. This is my understanding of
how debian works, correct me if I am wrong about anything.

jason