Re: Which graphics card to get?

So sprach �[email protected]� am 2002-01-09 um 10:33:24 -0500 :
> What do you mean by stable? The monitor works better? I know that we see
> at something less than 60Hz, ( I forget the exact value), though I
> know that higher refresh rates are supposed to be less strain on the eye
> (though I don't know why)

Yes, I meant that it put's a little less strain on the eye.  It may be
psychological, but 75 Hz seems to flicker a little more than 100 Hz.
Especially if I'm not directly watching the screen but just se it from
the "border" of my eye.

Well, and if my monitor can do 100 Hz I'd like it to do 100 Hz.  But I
don't quite understand why the closed-source drivers don't do 100 Hz.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |     Jabber: [email protected]