Re: kt7-raid

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, rod wrote:
> Your boot floppy works (maybe no lilo).
> Can't boot kernel on hd when booting from hd (using lilo).
> Can't boot kernel on hd when using lilo from a floppy.
>
> All that is left that I can think to try would be to rename your
> /boot/vmlinuz to something else and copy over
> /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/bzImage to /boot/vmlinuz. Maybe your kernel got

I'm not sure what this would do since the /boot/vmlinuz and the file
"Linux" on my boot floppy are identical (checked them with md5sum).
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/bzImage also gives the same key on md5sum, so
I'm quite certain that they are all the same. The copy on the floppy
disk boots just fine. I also coppied /boot/vmlinuz to the the floppy
(overwriting the Linux file with it), and it booted up just fine from
the disk. All thats left in my mind is lilo, but I have no idea what to
do about it.

jason